What You Need
25g Carrageen Moss.
1 gallon water (4 litres).
3 cups boiling water.
Blender or Food Processor
- Soak Moss in water overnight or around 12 hours.
- Remove Moss and pat dry on kitchen paper ( moss will have really increased in size).
- Bring 3 cups water to the boil TURN HEAT OFF.
- Add Moss to boiling water and stir…add lid… leave for 10 minutes stir again, replace lid and leave for another 10 minutes.
- Add everything to blender and blend for around 5-10 minutes depending on strength of blender.
- When happy with consistency pour into mason jar with lid.
- When cooled put into fridge, this should set after 8-12 hours.
Use as thickener for smoothies, soups, stews or anything you want to thicken.
This Gel also makes a fabulous cleanser, face mask or hair conditioner.
All this fabulous Gel for €2.50.