1 stick celery
1 lge carrot
1 med potato
4 streaky rashers chopped finely
2 tbs dillisk
300 g mixed seafood
100 ml cooking cream
700 ml dashi broth or fish stock
To make Dashi Broth
10 g Kombu Kelp
750 ml cold water
25g dried fish flakes
- Place Kombu in saucepan and cover with cold water
- Remove Kelp just before it comes to the boil and add fish flakes
- Bring to rapid simmer for 1 minute, remove from heat and leave for 5 minutes then strain. For stronger flavour soak Kelp overnight.
Method for Chowder
- Sweat rashers and dillisk in pan for 3 mins add veggies and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add dashi or stock cover and simmer for 12 mins or until veggies are tender.
- Add your mixed Seafood combination
- Remove from heat and add cream, season with Connemara Organic Seaweed Seasoning as required.
- Sprinkle with more Dillisk if you wish.